Tuesday, December 05, 2006

What ails me

--A host of new and strange aches, pains, pangs, cramps and twinges centered in my pelvis and lower abdomen. Sometimes they feel muscle/ligament related, other times quite uterine/cervical, and other times, well, it's just a baby doing a handstand on my bladder. I do not walk anymore; I lumber.

--The right side of my back and abdomen. Still. Ouch.

--Fatigue. A good night's sleep has become a thing of the past. I am up approximately every 2 hours to pee or change positions or down a handful of Tums for heartburn. And lately, once I'm up, I have trouble falling back asleep. Mother nature, preparing me for the sleepless nights ahead, is a cruel, cruel mistress.

--My maternity pants. None of them quite stay up over my belly anymore. This is a problem since at the same time, most of my tops now barely cover my belly either. And the bared midriff with linea negra look is so out.

--Bruce Springsteen's version of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town." It bugs the shit out of me.

In spite of these nuisances, I'm in a very good mood overall. And getting more excited each day. The majority of twins are born between 34-37 weeks, which means it could literally happen any time now. Any guesses? My completely random and unfounded prediction is December 27.

I should also note my extreme delight at the fact that tomorrow is my last day of work.

7 Comments:

Blogger Motel Manager said...

I am going with 12/29/06. Also, I dreamed you named them Michelle and Nicole, which are pretty '70s, but solid.

Maybe you'll drop trou at your work party tonight, and it'll be just as if you were really wasted!

4:58 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

I'm not wishing this on you, but I'm going with Christmas Eve. It just came to me.

Doesn't Brintey Spears have a maternity line out now that specializes in "the bared midriff with linea negra" look?

10:31 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

I would love it if they were born on Christmas Eve, actually. It's pretty much my favorite day of the year: All the excitement and festiveness and anticipation of Christmas comes to a peak -- whereas Christmas itself is frequently anti-climactic.

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I CAN'T WAIT!!!
so i'm going with the day after tomorrow...
i'll be in nyc. maybe i can run up.

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

My pre-natal yoga teacher swears by a swallow or two (not sure how much) of apple cider vinegar, neat, for heartburn. Maybe you should try it.

I'm SO READY for my little chiquita to be born, and I know you are, too. I think yours will probably win the race over ours. I'll go with 12/23, since no one else has.

We've now: painted the baby's room, gotten a rocker and a glider, scored a crib and a bureau, and hung up the mobile from India with the bell to ward off bad luck. Now we just have to convince the cat to stop sleeping in the cradle.

We're ready, man!

--Julie

4:03 PM  
Blogger murph said...

You rock, Jane. Who the hell knows when they'll come. They're comin' from you and A. They have their own thoughts on the matter. Hang in there. Hope to see you when I'm home.
'Til then,
Keep writing,
Love,
Jess

3:14 AM  
Blogger T-bone said...

Totally 12/19. I think there is a website where you can place bets on this sort of thing. Once you get to the point where you just can't take it any more, go walking. And in the middle of the walk, stop by an Indian restaurant and have some curry. It worked for me!

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home