Monday, November 13, 2006

Try a little tenderness

In addition to the aching on the right side of my back that seems to develop and worsen as the day goes on, I now am experiencing some pain/discomfort in my upper abdomen. There is a specific spot on the upper part of my belly, just right of center, that's very tender to the touch. (And often, when I press there, I feel some small baby part of some sort underneath....I think.) In addition, the general area of my upper right abdomen, right at the top of my big ole watermelon belly, feels like a pulled muscle or a stitch in my side.

My first thought was that the tender spot came from the vivacious Twin B's constant squirming, stretching, and kicking, and that the pulled-muscle sensation was just growing pains. But I made the mistake of Googling "tender abdomen pregnancy" and "abdominal tenderness pregnancy" and the like, and have now diagnosed myself with either a placental abruption or appendicitis. Damn the internet! Fortunately, I'm seeing my OB tomorrow, and hopefully he will be able to shed some light on this latest little discomfort and cure me of my paranoia.

On a completely unrelated note, I'm this close to sending a surly email out to everyone in my office informing them that the expression is "flesh out," NOT "flush out," unless they're talking about colonic irrigation.

5 Comments:

Blogger Motel Manager said...

I hope the OB appt. goes well today, and that they can identify the source of your sore abdomen!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Churlita said...

When I was 36 weeks pregnant, I had a med student start freaking out about my daughter's head being too small. She had dropped and was head down a long time before she was born. Of course, he did all this freaking out in front of me without talking to the resident first. The resident was none to pleased with him. I spent the next four weeks researching pinheaded babies from every source I can find. My baby is fourteen and perfectly fine. I'm sure yours are too.

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope the OB appointment goes well. I remember lots of tenderness and aches and pains in my belly that really were not serious. Be thankful you haven't had any pain the the "round ligament!"

I have a colleague who ALWAYS says "flush out" and it drives me crazy. But he has said it so many times in my presence that now I am embarrassed to crrect him!

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, hey, hey...Director of Marketing here and we are completely full of shit. It i for that reason I am going to law school....hehehehehe

Best of luck at the doc.

7:24 PM  
Blogger TLB said...

flush out...bwahahahahaha!

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home