Thursday, November 30, 2006

Beastly babies

Ugh. I dreamt last night that I had the babies, and they were really big -- like the size of one-year-olds -- and rather hideous looking and could already talk. And they were totally obnoxious, snotty, demanding brats, and I hated them, but was trying really hard to love them. At one point in the dream, they morphed into rats, and one chewed the other one's ear off. Meanwhile, I had no recollection of the birth whatsoever, but my mother and husband assured me that everything went well. I did it all without medication. I was glad to hear it, then said that I should probably try to wrap up a few projects for work since my maternity leave hadn't actually started yet, and they agreed that that would be a good idea. The giant jerk babies were left to their own devices (whenever I dream about babies, they can somehow be left alone for long stretches of time without feeding or changing) and when I came back later in the day to check on them, they'd climbed out of their cribs and were wrestling on the floor of the nursery. God, I HATED those babies!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Motel Manager said...

Damn those hideous, big, wrestling babies!

Maybe your mind is just setting up a worst-case scenario so that reality will seem relaxing by comparison?

3:23 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

When I was pregnant I dreamed that I had a whole litter of babies and I had to lie on my side so they could all feed on my many teats. It was frightening. I also had the dreams where my baby could speak the second she was out of the womb, but she was the one who hated me.

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home