Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Things I'm looking forward to

Specifically, those that have to do with not being pregnant. At 30 weeks and 34 pounds above my pre-pregnancy weight, it's starting to get a little old. I will look forward to....

1. Being able to sleep on my back or stomach or however I damn well please. (In what little time I actually get to sleep...)

2. Wearing non-maternity clothes

3. Wine

4. Not waddling

5. Not constantly aching

6. Not constantly having to pee

7. Did I mention the wine?

8. Not having cankles and swollen feet

9. Being able to wear my wedding and engagement rings again

10. Finally meeting (holding, feeding, dressing, soothing, changing, bathing, gazing moonily at) my little girls


On the other hand, I will miss...

1. Having an excuse to get out of events and social occasions I'd rather skip

2. Not feeling guilty about eating dessert, or eating in general

3. Not feeling guilty about driving to work

4. The simplicity of wearing the same clothes over and over again

5. Getting as good a night's sleep as I actually am getting, relatively speaking.

6. Getting massages from my husband that I'm not obligated to reciprocate

7. Having time to write

8. Having time to read

9. Feeling the monkeys kicking and moving inside me

10. The money I've saved by not drinking wine

5 Comments:

Blogger Motel Manager said...

I have also noticed that I am saving money on wine (not to mention eating out). What are cankles?

10:28 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

cankles = calfs + ankles merged into one, making your legs look like those of your typical school lunch lady. Insensitive pundits sometimes comment on Hilary Clinton's canklish tendencies.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

Oops -- that should have been "calves."

I also look forward to regaining my full intelligence.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Churlita said...

Good luck with trying to gain your full intelligence back after talking about poop and puke all day. If you can do it, I will be ever so impressed and jealous.

Wine is good. After you have children, you just have to work a little harder at finding it on sale.

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want your full intelligence!

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home