Friday, August 11, 2006

Jiffy Pop

I think I'm starting to feel these sea monkeys move. Yesterday at the end of my yoga class, while I was lying blissfully in shavasana, my belly felt like a pan of Jiffy Pop in progress.

Some of it was definitely my own pulse/heartbeat. But there were other little random pops and bubbles here and there. Yoga babies! It happened again last night at the movies (Little Miss Sunshine -- I highly recommend): pip pop blip, on the lower right side. And again last night as I was lying in bed, up toward the left. Blip! Plip! Like a tiny little finger lightly, lightly prodding. Or a bubble rising up and popping against my abdominal wall.

And, believe it or not, I'm actually getting a few little snap-crackle-n-pops right now as I write. It's subtle, but it's there. Can any ladies out there who've been pregnant before confirm or deny that this is what the first quickening feels like? Even if this isn't it, I'm pretending it is, and it's totally blissing me out.

Add to this the fact that it's 75 degrees and sunny and breezy, and we've finally cleared most of the construction mess from our house, and we're are about to paint the nursery, and I made my novel word quota of 1000 words yesterday and it's looking like I'll do it again today, AND I'm actually going to have ample time to write tomorrow and Sunday, too, and -- well, you could say I'm in a good mood.

OK -- back to the book.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep, that's it exactly!!! am typing w 1 hand, so i'll go now, but yep, that's them monkeys.

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, you're right! I'd always read the "feels like gas" thing and rolled my eyes. But at my 17 week ultrasound, as we watched my boy boogie around, I said in amazement "That's him! I thought it was gas!" Let the fun begin!

1:42 PM  
Blogger SER said...

So exciting! You've got living little guys/gals (or one of each) in there!

Also, am v. impressed with your writing output.

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home