Sunday, October 08, 2006

Ye Olde Pregnant Lady


We went to King Richard's Faire yesterday, an annual renaissance /medieval /whatever nerdfest on the South Shore, in the heart of cranberry country. It was a good, if expensive afternoon, rife with jousting, juggling, overpriced food, cleavage, tights, cloaks, etc. I kept thinking the whole time how much fun it would be to come back in a few years with the monkeys, preferably dressed up as princesses or pirates or something. (There were many cute, costumed kids in attendance, and far more costumed adults, many of them not especially cute.)

Anyway, I wanted A. to take a picture of me with something that would make me look less huge by comparison, so this is what we came up with: some big purple guy thing. Actually, I liked this purple guy, because while everyone else there was attempting horrible, terrible, no good, very bad (and no doubt historically inaccurate) British accents, this purple guy had a Brooklyn thing going on: "You want a pikcha, sweethaht? Soitenly!"

5 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Yes! It is a Bihari via Deadbeat sweater, and I love it! (Thank you!) Soon it shall be passed on to the Motel Manager, if I don't wear it out first...

9:40 AM  
Blogger scruffylooking said...

You look so cute and not very big at all.

I have serious issues with bad British accents myself. I would totally have gone with the weird looking purple giant guy with the Brooklyn accent.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Motel Manager said...

You look so cute!

2:44 PM  
Blogger Michelle Falkoff said...

ditto the motel manager.

(sidenote--all my comments these days seem to be dittos.)

i think i will need to see this phenomenon in person come thanksgiving--will you and a be in town? i'm guessing yes, but you never know...

(and by phenomenon i didn't mean that you don't always look cute, because you do.)

12:33 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Aw, thanks y'all. However, I think thta any week now I'm going to go from cute to grotesque.

MSF, yes! A. and I will be around over Thanksgiving. One of the perks of being very pregnant twice over during the holidays: for once we have an excuse not to go anywhere! Would love to see you. (Although, I will almost definitely be grotesque by then.)

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home