Friday, September 08, 2006

21 weeks and growing


First off, thanks to all of you for your kind and sympathetic responses to my past few, somewhat gloomy posts. It's good to know that others can relate, and I'm glad to report that I'm now feeling much better, saner, and more optimistic. Not to mention more focused and productive. In fact, I wrote 1200 words of novel before noon today. Kick ass!

And yes, I know -- I'm getting fucking huge. With still a good 16 or 17 weeks to go, hopefully. I think the past two weeks have been a major growth spurt. (I'm wondering if this was partly responsible for my depressive dip?) However, I am very pleased to report that my pre-pregnancy underwear STILL FITS!! Pretty much.

And I'm still feeling more or less comfortable, physically speaking. Looking a little less graceful when I get up off the couch or attempt to bend down and pick things up, but still moving at a good clip. And sleeping better, if you don't count having to get up and pee. Last weekend, I spent the best $15 of my life on a piece of egg-crate foam to put on my side of the bed, under the fitted sheet. It has done wonders for my hips and back.

The monkeys, meanwhile, are getting very active -- especially right after I eat, when they dance to the gurgling melodies of my digestive system. I love it. I think both have their feet on the right side of my belly, as that's where most of the action tends to be. Or maybe they're into headbanging.

In other uterine news, I suspect I may be starting to feel some Braxton Hicks contractions. A few times recently, at the beginning of a brisk walk, I'll feel a slight, strange sort of tightening, low in my abdomen. Not painful, exactly, just....tight. It lasts for a minute or so, then goes away.

But enough about me. A round of jubilant, congratulatory applause for the motel manager, who looks like she may finally have a long-term guest....

4 Comments:

Blogger SER said...

Hey, did your belly button pop?

6:38 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

No, not yet -- the picture does sort of make it look that way, though.

7:32 PM  
Blogger scruffylooking said...

God, you look great. I was so fat with my first pregnancy, that most of the pictures are of my multiple chins.

Have you had any food cravings? I used to crave rootbeer floats with my first daughter and she still loves them to this day. I suppose with two, you might get conflicting cravings.

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look beautiful!

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home