Thursday, May 31, 2007

Selling out

Hi readers --

It's hard to believe that it was less than a year ago that I started this blog; it's become such an important way for me feel less alone in this whole parenting adventure. I've loved having a place to vent and brag and babble, I've loved reading your comments and advice and I've loved just knowing you're out there, reading.

Gosh, this is sounding an awful lot like a good bye, isn't it? In a way, it is; Starting in a few days, I won't be blogging here at Jane's Calamity anymore. Babble.com, a new online magazine/community from the folks at Nerve.com, aimed at urban / Gen-X parents, has invited me to come blog for them. I'm way too big a nerd for how hip the site is, but hopefully nobody will catch on.

I'm very excited, but at the same time it makes me a little sad to take Jane's Calamity (it will be called something else...) pro. I've liked hanging out on this little, hidden corner of the Web with all of you. The idea of so many more people (in theory) reading my stuff is a bit intimidating. But my hope is that the tone and content of it won't change too much. It will still be tales of Clio and Elsa, musings on parenthood, the occasional rant, and way too much information about my boobs. I'll be posting more frequently -- about 3 times a week -- and posting more pictures and videos, too.

I'm not sure exactly when the new blog will be up -- probably within the next few days. I'll post a specific URL when I have one.

Anyway, if you've enjoyed reading Jane's Calamity, I truly hope you'll come on over to Babble.com and continue to read and comment on the new blog. It would mean the world to me.

Thank you!!

Lots o love,
Jane

8 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

At least you're not leaving the internets for good. That would make me ever so sad.

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Babble.com here I come!

7:36 PM  
Blogger Motel Manager said...

I'm there!

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be there, would'nt miss it. After all, our twin girls have the same birthday!

11:30 PM  
Blogger TLB said...

Congrats lady! I'll see you there.

9:34 AM  
Blogger papa sime said...

hey jane --- andy here - father of jackson....i just wanted to give you the details on those huuuge yard sales tomorrow...


one.
3rd annual somerville children's network yard sale
70+ families
10am - 2pm at Somerville Boys and Girls Club - 181 Washington St, Union Square.
including:
baby and kids clothing
toys
books, videos, swings, exersaucers, bouncy seats, bassinets, car seats, bike, strollers, etc. + house wares and adult clothing.
Proceeds fund Somerville Children's Network Indoor Play Space and other programs/activities for children 0-6 years.

2.
spring yard sale
9am - 2pm
TAB Building
165 Holland St
80 family yard sale

many similar items as listed in the one above.

that is all
peace!

10:56 PM  
Blogger Marie-Baguette said...

so glad you are officially becoming a pro! I love reading your site, you are very talented and I wish you all the best in your new venture. Can't wait for more pictures and movies of the girls!

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Jane! That's awesome -- don't call it selling out, it's going pro. I have been lurking for a while, it's really good stuff, even for a non-parent. So I will keep following you, even though the folks at Babble may get angry that I'm neither a hipster nor a parent...

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home